Author: Vegan Niinja
Niina is a blogger who originally hails from Sweden and currently resides in Austria. Niina is recipe creator, food stylist, writer and photographer for Vegan Niinja. All of her recipes are made with high quality products - 100% vegan, soy and refined sugar free. She loves to create new kind of cakes, raw desserts and breakfast dishes, whilst striving to use organic products as much as possible.
This recipe has some very special ingredients, one of them is aquafaba! If you haven’t tried baking or cooking with aquafaba yet, you just have to try it out! It is the perfect egg-replacement substitute!
Aquafaba is the liquid of canned/boiled chickpeas and contains a lot of healthy protein.
Makes about 8 big pancakes
1 cup (110 g) rolled oats (gluten free)
1/2 cup (120 ml) no-dairy milk ( I used oat milk)
1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid from boiled or canned chickpeas )
1 ripe banana
1-2 tbsp boiled chickpeas
some cardamom seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple vinegar
- Pound the cardamon seeds into a fine powder with a pestle in a mortar.
- Add all the ingredients except the baking powder and apple vinegar in a blender and blend for about 2 minute. The batter should be very well combined and smooth.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the baking powder and apple vinegar in a separate bowl and let them react with each other for some minutes.
- Add the mixture to the batter and mix it together.
- Heat a non stick pan on a medium heat or an iron pan on low heat (add some coconut oil for the first pancakes, for the others you will not need any oil), and add 1-2 tbsp of the batter to the pan and cook until you can see small bubbles on the surface, swipe to the other side and cook until light golden.
- Serve with melted chocolate, peanut butter, coconut blossom syrup or whatever you like!