- - 150g of dark chocolate
- - ¾ cup of self-raising flour
- - 2 heaped teaspoons of cocoa powder
- - 2/3 cup of sugar
- - 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- - 1 cup of almond milk
- - 100g of pecans
- - 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- - 2 flaxseed eggs (2 tbsp of ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp of water)
- - 5 tbsp of oil
- - ½ tsp of salt
- - Toppings: a pinch of pink Himalayan salt (optional), ½ cup melted chocolate (optional)
Melt chocolate over a simmering pan of water or in the microwave until completely melted.
Set aside to cool.
Combine 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp of water to make your two flaxseed eggs and put aside to set.
Mix together oil, vanilla, and almond milk.
Sieve and combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add the oil mixture and flaxseed egg first and then add melted chocolate.
Roughly chop your pecans and stir them into the brownie mixture.
Drizzle with peanut butter.
Bake in a lined tin at 180° for 20 minutes (fan oven – otherwise, bake at 200°)
Optional, but highly recommended: when baked, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Don't worry if the mixture is too thick. Simply add some almond milk (1tbsp at a time) to slacken it.