This granola is simple, quick & so easy to make. Perfect for breakfast with fresh berries and coconut yogurt. Maca powder is a great addition to this granola as it boosts energy and increases strength.
2 cups of rolled oats
1 1/2 cups of pecans
1 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of brown flaxseeds
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/2 sea salt
3/4 cup of maca powder
2 tbsps of coconut oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of brown sugar or coconut sugar
2 tsps of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of water
1 cup of shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175c and line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a pan combine the oil, sugar, vanilla and maple syrup and put it on a low to medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture, stir to ensure all is coated, then add the water and stir so all the mixture is coated evenly.
- Spread the mix over the baking tray evenly, place in the oven and bake until the mixture is golden brown. Usually about 25/30 mins.
- Take the mixture out and allow it to cool. Once it has cooled break into chunks and place it back in the oven for a further 15 mins for extra crunch.
- Allow the granola to cool before storing in an airtight container, glass Kilner jars work perfectly.