This tart is incredibly filling and a satisfying addition to any weekend brunch. I love my polenta crispy on the outside and full to the brim with soft buttery leeks, sweet peppers and tart cherry tomatoes to finish on top. Polenta is really filling and a little goes a long way....
- Fine polenta granules 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsps of nutritional yeast
- Dried oregano 1 tsp.
- Salt & pepper
- Red and Yellow peppers
- Warm water 500 ml
- Dried chilli flakes
- Olive oil 2 tbsps.
- Fresh parsley– optional
- Fry the onions, leek, peppers and garlic in olive oil until soft
- In a separate pan add the warm water to the polenta gradually until you have a thick consistency void of any lumps, stirring until smooth (about 7 mins) on a low heat. Add nutritional yeast and stir into the polenta
- Add the the onion mixture to the polenta and season with salt, pepper and oregano
- Pour the mix into an oven proof dish and add your cherry tomatoes on top
- Place in a pre heated oven on 375ºF for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy and brown on top
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour