Author: Nourishing Amy
Amy is a plant-based foodie, recipe developer and content creator, passionate about health and happiness. On Nourishing Amy, you will find everything from simple vegan recipes to nourish your soul and body, to inspirational messages. Eating and living the Nourishing Amy way is to be in tune with your body’s natural rhythm, to listen to its cravings and to treat each meal as a special occasion – to nourish you from the inside out.
If you aren't already following, check out her gorgeous blog & Instagram page! Thank you Amy!
1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
200g extra firm smoked tofu, cubed
2 carrots, in ribbons
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
4 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
40g toasted/roasted nuts and seeds of choice
Spicy Ginger Dressing:
1 tbsp ginger umami paste (or 1 tbsp miso paste plus 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated)
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
½ – 1 tsp sriracha
To serve: brown rice, flatbread, sauerkraut, extra chilli flakes
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander and rub over a pinch of salt. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and then wash thoroughly. Pat dry.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan. When it is hot, add the tofu cubes and cook for a couple of minutes on each side before flipping over. You’ll need to rotate the cubes regularly to ensure all sides are golden and crisp. Remove from the pan.
- Tumble the cucumber slices, carrot ribbons, red pepper strips, spring onions, mint and avocado in a mixing bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Add to the mixing bowl along with the tofu cubes and toss gently with your hands.
- To serve, divide between two bowls and top with the seeds. Enjoy with any extra serving suggestions. This salad is best enjoyed straight away or leftovers will keep in an airtight container until the next day in the fridge.