Wild garlic is growing abundantly in the UK and if you are lucky enough to grow it or can forage responsibly, the possibilities are endless with what you can do with this fragrant and versatile plant!
This is our delicious wild garlic pesto, perfect with pasta, pizza or added to salads or roasted veggies for a pop of freshness.
The recipe makes a good sized jar and we advise using within 7 days.
200g of Wild Garlic
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of cashews
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1 tsp Lemon
1 tsp of salt
8 almonds (optional)
1 tsp of virgin oil (for the last step)
- Rinse and shred your wild garlic and add to a food processor
- Add the oil, garlic, cashews and almonds if using
- Blitz in the processor to reach desired consistency
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
- Transfer to sterilised jar, add the tsp of oil on top of the pesto